Sunday, September 7, 2014

Erice Carle...and some Hungry Caterpillars!

What a fun week...I could honestly spend a month on Eric Carle! Which is why we are doing him for our September author study!  We worked on the letter Ee and the number 4. We were also blessed to have a wonderful Lady by the name of Margie come and teach us about butterflies! We witnessed each stage of their life cycle!  We will be prepared in the spring for our butterfly theme!

Thursday:

Monday was our first day for our "table-top" activities. These activities work on fine motor skills,  mathematical and language arts skills.
Pom-Pom pick-up with Chopsticks

patterns

Hot Dots

letter match with clothespins

CVC word building with puzzles.

stringing the alphabet

My gal of the day! I was glad I wore pink...I matched everything in her bucket!

Next we read this awesome book! We then did a name activity that followed the pattern of the book. I put the poem in your folder.


Not only did they have a blast doing this....but they were also learning their friends names!
We used this book for many things...including making our craft with balloons!


How cute are these!?!
http://elementaryartfun.blogspot.com/search/label/balloon%20painting

For word study we talked about the first letter in our name! Ask your kiddos at home what their name begins with. I then had their letter ready and they glued tissue paper to it...imitating Eric Carle's art! I am a nut for framing...so you will get to see these masterpieces on Thursday!
http://theimaginationtree.com/2011/06/eric-carle-initial-art.html?showComment=1308797513724#c1640638963788601692



After that we worked on retelling this famous story!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/78390849733687881/




Margie the "Butterfly Lady"


Teeny Tiny Egg...can you spot it?

This buddy found it!

Stage 2...hungry caterpillars!



Stage 3: Chrysalis (not a cocoon like Eric Carle states...moths make cocoons...butterflies make Chrysalis!)


Stage 4: Monarch Butterflies!


Goodbye Butterflies!

Some Tracing Practice!
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/142426406940053610/


Friday:
My special Guy of the day! He is all about fixing things!
We read this sweet story today! Then we did 2 very cool activities with it!

We made clouds using cotton balls. They then told me what their clouds looked like to them!


Let's add eyes to our Ee's! Not to mention stickers are great for fine motor skills too!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/43769427601200147/
We read this fun story...and I asked the kiddos to tell me what made them grouchy...and give me their best grouchy face...here are a few of those sweet faces! I think they are tooooo sweet to be grouchy! You will be getting this activity sent home this next week as well!








Finally to end our day we did clouds in the jar! I added shaving cream...the kiddos added the color (sorry about those colored fingers) and watched what happened next. We even drew out our investigations! The kids loved this...and you too can do this at home! For sure check out this link!
http://www.teachpreschool.org/2012/03/clouds-in-jars-and-on-the-table-top-too/


**More pictures to follow...I hope!
What a fun and cool week! Next week will be all about apples...and I have some cool science experiments up my sleeve!



No comments:

Post a Comment