Sunday, April 9, 2017

Pond

Welcome back! I hope you all had a wonderful spring break! I was so sad to miss the first day back after a 2 week break...who knew the tummy bug would strike! We learned so much about pond life this week including much about life cycles of different creatures! We continued with counting 0-10 and the letter Qq.

We only have a few more short weeks until the end of the year!!?? Can you believe that!? I am already super sad that this year has just flown by! At home continue working on: letter identifications for letters A-Z, Number identification 0-10, 1:1 counting up to 10 objects, shapes, and colors. I will be assessing these in May.

Thursday: I don't have any pictures since I wasn't there.

Friday:
Making water color lily pads. These are up for display on our bulletin board!

Play time is so fun and important for these kiddos!



Our finished lilies! 

Our "Franklin" frogs...to help remind us we can do anything we put our minds to!

Frog Jump races with Mrs. Hannah's class!


WOW!!

A perfect froggy!

I love this one!
more water color painting independently!

I was super nervous to start this 4-box sheet in my class...but I couldn't have been more impressed with these kiddos work! They rocked this!! So smart!! 


Scissor cutting is improving each time we do it! At home this is a great skill for them to work on...use play-doh, yarn, small sheets of paper! It builds strength and eye-hand coordination!

The life cycle of the frog...


We also worked on ordinals (first through fourth)...I let the kiddos take the pieces home so they can model what we have learned!

Qq 4-box sheet! Making the letter Qq 4 different ways!!!



What came first the duck or the egg!?
We worked on the life cycle of a duck.


We also talked a lot about what creatures we see at a pond and will have some tadpoles for them to look at next week! Enjoy this beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment