Sunday, May 3, 2015

Derby Week...

I have learned to embrace the Kentucky Derby and Oaks this year! We had many fun activities and talked about the traditions of the event itself...even I learned a lot. We also began our end of the year assessments. I am amazed at how far these kiddos have come this year! So I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures...I believe it is under 100... lol!

Thursday:
Gumby's adventures continue with this sweet girl!

And with this sweet boy! Gumby will be sad when his adventures end! 

Time for some nontraditional Derby hats

Super cute...the horse is pretty cute too!
Every hat needs some sweet stickers...I am sure by this time of the school year you know how I feel about sticker peeling! 



Perfect! One of a kind Derby hats! Mom's you could have totally borrowed these!

Horseshoes for good luck! 


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/11/5f/7c/115f7c2f217ccf339d85e0e1493b27a6.jpg
Friday:
The Kentucky Derby is all about the roses! We made our very own roses using a stalk of celery!



https://www.pinterest.com/pin/194147433908700962/

Time to make ponies of our own! These 2 parents were suckered into helping last minute! I was so grateful for the extra help!

A master with this powerful hot glue gun!


Our favorite jockeys!









Thanks to a wonderful mama who cut all of the felt ears out for me! I also used leis for the mane rather than yarn or felt. These turned out super cute!
http://www.creativemamaonadime.com/2013/05/yeehaw-simple-pool-noodle-horses-its.html
Derby Time


And they're off!



The winner is....EVERYONE!

Kindergarten handprint horses.
We also made these super cute horse hand prints. For some reason I don't have any pictures. We did the grass differently to make it look more "grass like" I had special paint brushes and added some green paint...the kiddos then twirled them around making the grass spike up! They weren't dry enough to send home on Friday...so you will see them next Thursday!
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/251427591666699687/


No comments:

Post a Comment