Sunday, December 21, 2014

Baby Jesus...The true meaning of Christmas!


As usual this was a fast and furious week! So much to do in such little time...but some how we seem to manage! This week began assessment time and much to learn about Jesus.

Thursday:
Well...so much on my mind that I forgot to take pictures of the craft...this is a special one though and one that maybe it is a better surprise that I didn't...hint: it is all wrapped up!

Thank you sweet buddy for a yummy snack! Sorry parents...many had seconds (and possibly thirds)...sending them home with a sugar high! 


We read "The Napping house" By Don and Audrey Wood

We then worked on retelling of the story. I sent this activity home if you want to do something over break! Super fun...and retelling is the beginning stages of reading!!

Nice job sweet girl!


Independent paint time! So thankful for Baby Jesus!


Masterpiece! 

Such a helpful elf! He would help Santa if he were an elf at the North Pole!

Making reindeer food to guide Santa's Sleigh! 


Love!
During our Author Study of Don & Audrey Wood...we read this classic! We learned what predictions are and read all of the story but the last page...and then we predicted how King Bidgood got out of the tub!

Each child told me how they would get him out of the tub! Many cute thoughts... For example: Say, "Please"...pull him out...get in the tub... I loved their creative responses!



Friday:

















Ok...So I am having technical problems with the blog. For some reason it won't let me add captions to my pictures for Friday! Ugh! So here's what we are up to...
We decorated our special gift in the morning...and had an independent activity of making bookmarks (you know how I feel about peeling stickers!!!)
During our festivities we...
1. Wrapped our specials gifts to you...no peeking until Christmas!
2. Made gingerbread houses for our snack...yum!!
3. played games (I forgot to snap pictures of the ball toss through Frosty the Snowman)...but here they are blowing "snowballs" across the floor for a race
4. we made these truly awesome plates! They were the talk of the school...and the kiddos were so proud! 

Thank you to the parents that helped make this Christmas celebration so much fun! Valentine's Day is next...so if I haven't gotten to you to help out yet...just wait! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment