Monday, September 9, 2019

Eric Carle

I love the theme Eric Carle. I could spend several weeks reading his wonderful books and doing so many wonderful crafts and activities. So we jammed as much as we could in 2 short days.

We read many great books, Little Cloud, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, From Head to Toe, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, The Grouchy Ladybug, The Very Lonely Firefly...the list goes on!

We worked on the letter Cc and the number 3. With counting make sure your little one counts slowly and points to each object (this is called 1:1 counting/correspondence)...this is a very important skill when they are beginning to learn number sense.

Our bible verse for the week is was what God created on the first 2 days (Day and Night, Sky and Water). Our September bible verse is "God saw everything He had made, and it was very good! (Genesis 1:31)

For this week some things to try at home:
1. Trace or draw the letters: M, F,C,P  in sand or shaving cream, make them with noodles...a fun way other than paper and pencil!

2. Do the Brown Bear, Brown Bear poem in the poetry folders

3. Tell you some of their new friends in the classroom

4. Sing the ABC's

5. Count to 10

Thursday:
Independent stamp sheet. C is for Caterpillar


Cc dot hunt


Adding 3 pom-poms to our hungry caterpillar. I sent these home...practice with your kiddo!

great 1:1 counting

This sweet gal is our newest friend!



I asked them after reading, The Grouchy Ladybug what makes them grouchy...Their answers make me giggle!

Then I had them make some grouchy faces...These made me belly laugh!!!






Friday:
The all about me bucket! We love learning about each kiddo!

Sharing is such a great skill...

making our Grouchy Ladybugs!


I have no words...these make me so happy!

Using Eric Carle Art to make the first letter of our name!



Grabbing these tissue paper squares is a great fine motor skill


Perfection!!




I love watching the kiddos interact...their conversations are also so fun to listen in on...



These are hanging in the hallway...check these out!

We are loving recess!

Recess selfies are the best!

We celebrated this sweet gals birthday...she told us she wanted us to sing to her silly! 

Yum!

After reading Little Cloud we painted a cloud and they told me what they thought it looked like!



I mean...it does not get much cuter than this!

building a love of books in my room!





We had some science in our room today...
When clouds get super full of moisture they rain...We made clouds with shaving cream and filled them with food coloring...We got to see a cloud rain rainbows.


waiting to see what happens


They loved this!
What an awesome week! Looking forward to apples this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment