Sunday, September 11, 2016

Eric Carle...

As I have mentioned a time or 2 I could spend a month on this beloved artist and author! He is simply amazing. We learned a little bit about him and how he creates such amazing art! We also focused on the letter Ee and the number 3.

Thursday:
After reading, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you See?
We played a little game with pictures of our friends: Mrs. Laura, Mrs. Laura Who do you see? I see _________ looking at me!


We worked on the first letter in our name. We then made art with it using one of Eric Carle's methods.

Need I say it??? A great fine motor skill!!

I framed these and sent them home. The kiddos were super proud!




I love hearing about their favorite things!


After reading, The Grouch Ladybug. We talked about what makes us grouch. I then had them make their grouchiest faces!


I turned them into the "Grouchy Ladybug!"

 Friday:
After reading, The Very Hungry Caterpillar we worked on sequencing and retelling. Recalling a story is a great step of comprehension and to beginning those reading skills.



We made "Hungry Caterpillars" of our own using balloons.
These will come home next week. I have to make a few final touches!



We read a sweet story, "Little Cloud" We learned that when clouds get full of moisture they let it out and it rains. We had  a fun science experiment that went along with it!

The shaving cream acts as the clouds...
The food coloring acts as the moisture...

And it rains!

The kiddos had fun observing...

They then made pictures of what they saw!

Good buddies!

3 musketeers!

Sweet gal!

Ee is for Eyes. They did great peeling these tiny stickers. Another great skill!

Fingers hard at work!


Here they worked on the number 3. They had to grab and count 3 pom-poms. They pointed as they counted to work on their 1:1. I sent these home with them so they could model what they have learned!

They worked on tracing the number 3.


Great pointing!

super work buddy!

Also after reading Little Cloud...I gave them a dab of paint. They made a cloud of their own and told me what it looked like! So sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment